Below are only a few examples of the many types of bodywork that have been used to cure physical and mental conditions since antiquity.
- Acupressure – Involves physical pressure applied to acupuncture points with the aim of clearing blockages in meridians
- Craniosacral Therapy – Uses gentle touch to manipulate the joints in the cranium and skull, removing blockages
- Cupping – An ancient Chinese healing technique that uses small cups as suction devices to disperse and break up stagnant energy
- Myofascial Release – Focuses on relieving physical pain by gently massaging the muscles and identifying areas of stiffness or tightness
- Reflexology – Involves applying pressure to different points on the feet, helping to relieve stress and promote health to the entire organ system and body
- Reiki – A form of energy healing in which positive energy flows from the practitioner’s hands into the client’s body
- Vibrational Healing – Aims to release physical and emotional tension by compressing and decompressing the body and utilizing sound
Please note that Shamananda does not do Tantra.